Friday, December 21, 2007

Hopeless and Pray more

In 1990, I was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy. The day that I was told about it, my mind went into an overdrive. I was told that this disease had no cure and hence there was nothing the doctors could do. So I was thinking about the hopelessness of my situation and how to deal with it.
I could have gone into depression. But somehow, I started to think about what I could do. And a thought came to my mind, that when the situation is hopeless - then pray more. So I started, saying a silent prayer asking God to give me guidance about living life with dystrophy.
To my amazement, I received my guidance in form of a feeling that Jesus was looking at me and calling me to his way. I was always a believer but not a ritualistic person. So I decided that to live with dystrophy/ disability by adhering to the Christian values.
So I always tell people when it is hopeless - pray more for divine guidance.

No comments: