Saturday, December 22, 2007

Fighting Spirit and God

People are amazed with the way I live with dystrophy. They say that I have a fighting spirit. But I beg to differ. The reason I am happy is because I know that I am not my body.
When one starts identifying with their body they feel miserable if they get disabled. I know that I am a soul having an experience of the human body this life time. I have been created by God in my mothers womb with a specific purpose in this life.
What is God's purpose for me ? I don't know. Only thing that I know is that HIS will, shall prevail. So, I try to understand my purpose in life and make it as close to God's purpose for me. I do not fight my disease - dystrophy. I have embraced it with open arms and a loving heart.
May be my purpose in life is to show others that we are more than our bodies. We have a divine mission and purpose. So let us do what God wants us to do - for HE knows what is best for us.
Instead for fighting our situations we should figure out how we can become Christ-like by our every day thoughts and actions and thus move on the spiritual journey to return to our heavenly Father.

No comments: