Saturday, January 19, 2008

Pain and God

Most of us with disability are in pain. Pain can be physical, emotional or financial.

Why then do we have pain ? Like Craig Carter has said "Every pain in man is the result of some fear of lack, some belief of limitation. God can be the author only of good. Man suffers through his ignorance of his oneness with God."

I also feel, one is in pain because we feel we lack some thing or somehow are are limited. I have muscular dystrophy and am very much physically challenged. But am I in pain? No. Okay may be some pain sometimes.

Some times I am in physical pain but, I think what is GOD's plan for me with this pain. I am open to HIM using my body with dystrophy for a greater plan. I don't know the plan so I live with my pain and bless it. Bless the pain for it has a reason to help me which I am not aware of.
When we develop GOD-centered life even with pain, we will progress on our spiritual journey. After all the human experience is about growing, isn't it ?

No comments: