Monday, January 7, 2008

Choice and God

Many people feel that human beings are not free. That we do not have any choice. I say that is not true. We are free to choose. God has given us free choice.

However, this does not mean we are given freedom to do anything without consequences. Henry W. Beecher said "God asks no man whether he will accept life. That is not a choice. You must take it. The only choice is how."

I have dystrophy, which has made my body disabled. I did not ask for dystrophy. But since, in GOD's plan for me I have dystrophy - I will accept it with joy. I will make my life with dystrophy beautiful and purposeful.

I will work to use this opportunity and an stepping stone to greater spiritual riches. I will make the purpose of my life to use my dystrophy to bring glory to GOD.

With this choice of attitude towards disability and GOD, only positive outcome is possible.
Remember, it is our attitude that determines our choice. We can choose between good and bad, life and death.

No comments: