Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Contentment and God

Many of us live a discontented life. We feel that if we had somethings more, or different or bigger then we would be content in life. Persons with disability may feel, that they would be content with life if they had a "normal" body.

The main reason we do not feel contentment in our lives is because we are looking outside for it. When we start thinking what is GOD's plan for us, the confusion in our attitude will slowly subside. When we start putting ourselves in the path of GOD's plan - we move towards contentment.

When we understand GOD's plan for us, we are grateful for this life. And this is enough to make more content in our lives. When we are acting on GOD's plan we will be content.

After my body became disabled because of dystrophy, I have offered myself completely to GOD for his purpose. The idea that I will be used by GOD, has made brought more contentment in my life.
I find that reading the BIBLE and particularly meditating on Psalm 23, is really helpful.

No comments: