Thursday, January 10, 2008

Desires and God

As human beings, we all have desires. These desires keep us attached to this earthly environment. Our ultimate goal is live with our heavenly father - GOD. Our earthly desires keep us away from GOD. But we should not suppress our desires as it only strengthens them.

Instead, we should surrender our desires to the GOD. Also we must pray that GOD uses, our desire for greater good and as per his plan. So if our desires are fulfilled it was HIS plan. Hence we must rejoice, but if our desires do not come to fruition it was not in GOD's plan.

Rene Descartes said " I have made it my habit to alter my desires rather than order of the world.." . I follow this but modify the thinking. I have altered my desires, as per my understanding of GOD's plan for me. If desires are fulfilled wonderful. If they are not I wait for something more meaningful for me from GOD.

With disability we have many desires. We must inspect our motivation for those desires and then wait for our answer in quiet meditation of GOD.

No comments: