Monday, December 31, 2007

Suffering, dystrophy and God

I have muscular dystrophy.I have said "have" dystrophy. most of us, say they are suffering from muscular dystrophy. What then, is suffering? I feel we suffer when we feel we do not deserve what our condition is. Simply put, it is about what we think or what others think about us.
And that is the cause of the suffering. I have my share of pains and problems associated with muscle degeneration. I also know that God is loving and so HE would not want me to suffer. God has given me, dystrophy, because HE has a plan for me.

I don't know what that plan is, but I am sure HE will give me the grace, strength and wisdom to carry it through.With God, there are no losers provided we act as per his wishes.

When I am working for God's plan and HIS glory, how can I be suffering? More my body weakens, I find that my spirit is focused on God. My faith is growing stronger. I await the day when, having completed my purpose in human life, I go to my real home.

Hardships are for human body,so that our spirits progress in their journey. Remembering that ""Remain true to the faith. We must go through many hardships to enter the Kingdom of God" - Acts 14:22

No comments: