Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Acceptance and God

James W. Riley said " When God sends rain.... rain is my choice...". This is what I call acceptance. When we accept that things happen according to God's plan, we align our goals with him.

There is no point in arguing about the rain. Make the most of what such a day offers. I have dystrophy and hence have been constrained physically. I have accepted this with open arms. God has a plan for me and that involves me being disabled.

Many people think it is a sign of weakness to accept things. But I feel, it is the sign of strength of faith and God. Acceptance has to be a conscious choice. "Acceptance is a letting-go process. You let go of you wishes and demands that life can be different" - to quote Gary Emery.

When we accept God's will for us, our life becomes purposeful, fulfilling and happier. And we must remember, Jesus Christ, is there to guide you on the way.
Just like abundance , you have to have acceptance of life as it is, in your life.

No comments: