Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Abundance and God

I thought why not begin the first day of 2008, with thoughts about abundance.

Ernest Holmes once said "God wills us to have everything. As we express life, we fulfill God's law of abundance, but we do this only as we realize that there is good enough to go around - only we know that all God's gifts are given as freely and fully as the air and the sunshine..."

How true. We must live a life acknowledging the abundance in our life. Abundance is an mentality which comes from our being comfortable with ourselves. Stephen R. Covey has said abundance does not depend on external rankings, comparisons,opinions or possessions.

With my dystrophy, what do I have in abundance ? Let me see, a loving family, wonderful friends, time to support and comfort others. Also abundant opportunities to become Christ-like by living true to my faith.

I also feel, to experience true abundance we must give freely and unconditionally. Remember what Jesus Christ has said " To him that has, more shall be given; but from him that has not, the little that he has shall be taken away..."

Wishing a happy and purpose driven year to you.

No comments: